Palestine Electric Company (PEC) was established in Gaza, Palestine in 1999 and is registered in accordance with the Companies’ Law as a Public Shareholding Company with paid-in capital of 60 million US Dollars. PEC shares were listed in the Palestine Exchange in 2004, where 33% of its shares are owned by Public Shareholders and 67% owned by Founding Companies.
The Company established its subsidiary “Gaza Power Generating Company (GPGC)” in Gaza, which has an exclusive right from PNA to generate electricity in the Gaza Strip.
PEC Main Objectives:
- Establishing electricity generating plants in the territories of Palestinian National Authority.
- Carry out all operations necessary for the production and generation of electricity.
- Import all the equipment and machinery needed to establish power plants and to generate electrical power.
- Develop, own, manage and operate any power generating plant(s).
- Carry out maintenance activities of power plants and electrical networks.